Melissa - Bio
"My name is Melissa Marie, I'm 17 years old and live in New York with my family. I have been homeschooled since I was little and am now finishing up my senior year of highschool. My dream came true in December, when I got accepted to the college of my choice! I'll be studying Graphic Design in the fall. It's an exciting adventure for me. In my free time, I like to read my Bible, spend time with family, make mini albums, knit, watch the New York Giants, and wish I lived in Downton Abbey."
I also sent Melissa some quick questions to answer.
1. When did you start crafting? I always loved to create. When I was little, I can remember playing with crafts, coloring, and knitting. But I grew to love and admire scrapbooking in 2013.
2. What is your favourite craft? My favorite type of craft is probably making mini albums and knitting.
3. Do you say you have a style of crafting? I would consider my style slightly vintage with pops of color. It's fun to play around with cards and pretty embellishments and use them with your pictures to tell a story.
4. Why do you document/craft? I document and craft so I can remember what happened in my highschool years. My motto is you only live this age once so document and enjoy it. Someday you might want to look back and see what you did and who you met. I would also love to past down and share these albums with my family.
5. What are some main products you use? Some of the main products I use are Studio Calico's Scrapbook and Project Life kits, Dear Lizzy supplies, and adhesive (cannot live without it!)
6. What are your favourite craft stores/do you have any nearby you? My favorite online scrapbooking stores are Paper Issues and Studio Calico! In my neighborhood, I am blessed to have both Joann's and Michaels. I use Michaels a lot to buy card stock and adhesive, etc.
I hope you enjoyed getting to know Melissa and I will be back soon with a post to get to know her sister Natalie.